Why and when Interactive Thoughts collects your information
- Personal information you give us. Interactive Thoughts collects the information you give us, either online or by email or facsimile. In most cases, the personal information Interactive Thoughts will collect from you is the personal information we are required to obtain and pass on to the relevant registry when you apply to register a domain name through us. This information includes your full name, mailing address, phone number, email address and where applicable, your facsimile number.
If you purchase a digital certificate through us, we are required by the provider of those certificates to collect personal information from you to pass back to that provider. We will also collect your payment details from you such as your credit card number.
You always have the option to disable cookies by turning them off in your browser. In addition to cookies, Interactive Thoughts uses Google Analytics to register the type of web browser you are using and your IP address when you access our website.
How Interactive Thoughts uses your information
Interactive Thoughts may use your information to measure your experience of our services and products and to inform you of new product developments and associated services that we believe will interest you. If you do not wish to receive email notices or other communications from Interactive Thoughts regarding additional products and services, please notify us that you wish to opt out of this service.
- We may use your information in statistical form to analyze your purchasing preferences. This information is not used to track your individual preferences but rather to give us a general picture of the products and services our customers prefer. We might also gather information in statistical form such as the number of visitors who visit the Interactive Thoughts website on a daily basis. Again this is not used to track any individual customer's browsing habits.
- We may use your email communications with Interactive Thoughts to analyze customer service issues as a way of identifying potential improvements for Interactive Thoughts products and services.
- We may use your IP address to contact your Internet Service Provider to let you know of any problems with payments you have made to us where we believe this is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud and credit card misuse.
When you purchase a digital certificate through us, we are required by the provider of those certificates to collect personal information from you to pass back to that provider (other than your payment details, which we hold internally).
Disclosure of your information to third parties
- Third party service providers. We may supply your personal information to our third party billing and payment service providers where we believe this is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud and credit card misuse. Where you have made a query in respect of a payment processed by Interactive Thoughts which is made known to us by your bank or credit card company by communicating the query through our bank, we may supply the relevant personal information to assist you with your query. We may also supply your information to third parties so they may offer you products or services. On occasion, we may also engage other companies or individuals to perform services on our behalf such as the distribution of marketing information to you (except where you have chosen to opt out of receiving this information from us).
If you believe that Interactive Thoughts may hold personal information about you which is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
The transfer of information across any media may involve a certain degree of risk, and the Internet is no different. However, helping you to keep your information secure is very important to Interactive Thoughts.
Further information or queries